Skip to main content

Guatemala 2018: Concrete and Fellowship


Yum, cold pizza for breakfast (left over from the night before) before we left for the site of a future house for the couple who run Getsemani school. Currently, they were working on the surrounding wall first, so that's what we all chipped in to help work on. Since there were so many of us, we kind of switched in and out to do work.

It was a good half day of nailing and trying up wooden boards to pour concrete into; mixing concrete; pouring in the concrete and doing all the necessary parts to make it settle correctly, etc. And of course, we had some lunch in there, too. Some of us took little walks down the dirt street and found beautiful views. By 2:30 we were all cleaned up; we said a prayer over the property and headed back to the compound.

Our work finished for the day



Supper was a relaxed and enjoyable time of food and fellowship. Worship that evening was so good. Later on as everyone dispersed either to bed, games, or chatter, that was also a good time of fellowship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thailand 2017: Falling in Love with ZOE

A place where broken children become whole through the love of Jesus and lonely children become part of a family. Where hope is restored and hurts healed. Where a new chance at life blooms. Where laughter echoes through open air hallways and smiles grow. It's a beautiful place of beautiful people, and it's a place that I fell in love with. It's ZOE International.  PC: ZOE From stepping onto the plane August 15 to stepping off on August 27, I went on a short term mission trip to Thailand through ZOE International. When I left for the trip, I had no idea what to expect, and all I really knew about ZOE was that they work to prevent child trafficking, rescue children, and help them through the restoration process. I had heard about it through one of their missionary couples who spoke twice at the church I started attending a couple of years ago.  I was not prepared for all that ZOE is: children so happy, loved and at home that you would never know their past; am...

Welcome

Welcome to my journeys!  I am excited to be sharing them with you.  Since this blog was only started after my second major journey, you will have to follow the following links to read about it.  However, the rest I will be blogging about as I have time.  Blessings as you follow along! Guatemala Day 1 Guatemala Day 2 Guatemala Day 3 Guatemala Day 4 Guatemala Day 5 Guatemala Day 6 Guatemala Day 7 Guatemala Day 8

Guatemala 2016: Guatemala, Here I Come!

Waiting never was my strong suit. But here I am, waiting for 11:30 pm...for when I finally leave for the church, where we'll get all set and leave for BWI to fly out at 5:40 am tomorrow for Guatemala. It's been a year since we were last there, and it half feels like less than a year, and half like a very. long. year. But I guess it doesn't really matter how it feels, since I'll be flying out in about 7 hours! Wow. Our little friends will all be a year older...we're all older, and so much has changed....but isn't it exciting! The best part is not knowing yet what God will do this time! When I return in a week, I will slowly be typing up all about my third adventure in Guatemala for you to read all about. Until then!