Skip to main content

Guatemala 2018: Antigua and Tourism


Ah yes, our tourist day in bright, lively Antigua. The only disappointing part is that it meant it was Saturday already and our week was almost over. Sigh.

Some of the group hiked up to the cross above Antigua; the rest of us walked around and shopped some, etc. Miranda and I headed out to our usual destinations in our usual order, and took our usual pictures of the arch. I got most of my necessary shopping (gifts for people) done before lunch.




Lunch was of course at our usual eatery, Restaurante de Fonda la Calle Real, at four different tables. I even got my usual lunch items, with a few variations...delicious as always! Although always too much for me to finish. Our table had an enjoyable time together.

My lunch table :) 

View from the second floor of the restaurant

Lunch!

PC: N. S. 


After lunch was more shopping at the two larger markets further down, where I finished my list and enjoyed relaxing a bit more than usual. Coffee at & Cafe was wonderful!

This little girl selling things found it fascinating to watch me for a little bit 
PC: K. B.  

Back at the compound, a leisurely afternoon and dinner preceded another wonderful time of worship.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thailand 2017: Falling in Love with ZOE

A place where broken children become whole through the love of Jesus and lonely children become part of a family. Where hope is restored and hurts healed. Where a new chance at life blooms. Where laughter echoes through open air hallways and smiles grow. It's a beautiful place of beautiful people, and it's a place that I fell in love with. It's ZOE International.  PC: ZOE From stepping onto the plane August 15 to stepping off on August 27, I went on a short term mission trip to Thailand through ZOE International. When I left for the trip, I had no idea what to expect, and all I really knew about ZOE was that they work to prevent child trafficking, rescue children, and help them through the restoration process. I had heard about it through one of their missionary couples who spoke twice at the church I started attending a couple of years ago.  I was not prepared for all that ZOE is: children so happy, loved and at home that you would never know their past; am...

Welcome

Welcome to my journeys!  I am excited to be sharing them with you.  Since this blog was only started after my second major journey, you will have to follow the following links to read about it.  However, the rest I will be blogging about as I have time.  Blessings as you follow along! Guatemala Day 1 Guatemala Day 2 Guatemala Day 3 Guatemala Day 4 Guatemala Day 5 Guatemala Day 6 Guatemala Day 7 Guatemala Day 8

Guatemala 2016: Guatemala, Here I Come!

Waiting never was my strong suit. But here I am, waiting for 11:30 pm...for when I finally leave for the church, where we'll get all set and leave for BWI to fly out at 5:40 am tomorrow for Guatemala. It's been a year since we were last there, and it half feels like less than a year, and half like a very. long. year. But I guess it doesn't really matter how it feels, since I'll be flying out in about 7 hours! Wow. Our little friends will all be a year older...we're all older, and so much has changed....but isn't it exciting! The best part is not knowing yet what God will do this time! When I return in a week, I will slowly be typing up all about my third adventure in Guatemala for you to read all about. Until then!