Skip to main content

Germany 2015 - June 22

School again.  It was rather difficult to still be sitting in school when I had just graduated!  But it was all right.  Second Stunde Kenny and I did our presentation on the Appalachian Trail.  It went all right, I guess - I would've preferred not to have a cold, but oh well.  At least it was done with and we only had to do it once!  Then back to French class, where I wrote out two postcards for old ladies at my work.  Then Pause, during which Frau took four of us to Altötting - Jake and I to get more Euros out of the bank and Cassandra and Alex to get stamps.  I also got stamps, licked them, put them on my postcards, and mailed them.  And not I can say that the first time I ever used an ATM was in Germany!

Back at school, the worst thing ever happened, and we were all annoyed at Frau for making us sit through it - two periods of listening to a guy from Germany's Parliament speak about politics.  In German, of course.  All of our hosts (well, the whole 10th grade class) had to listen to it, and they were surprised that we had to, too.  It was very hot in the room, and I was so bored because I couldn't understand what he was saying because I stopped caring enough to actually pay close attention and try to figure it out, and I was really tired and at times I was literally struggling to stay awake.  A lot of the other Americans had the same problem, and some of them briefly succumbed to slumber.

At home we had schnitzel, french fries, potato salad (by the way, German potato salad is SO much yummier than the potato salad we have in Lancaster Country), tomato salad (also very yummy), etc.  Then I sent some emails and listened to music and took a nap.

Later, I went with her mom to drop off Lukas at soccer practice and then we stopped at the grocery store.  Later Elli helped me with my "German homework" and I helped her with her English homework, which was fun.  After supper we watched part of The Princess Diaries in German (the language change was at my request) until we got too tired and had to go to bed.  Oh, and their cat Paula laid on my lap again while we were watching the movie!  I did love that cat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thailand 2017: Falling in Love with ZOE

A place where broken children become whole through the love of Jesus and lonely children become part of a family. Where hope is restored and hurts healed. Where a new chance at life blooms. Where laughter echoes through open air hallways and smiles grow. It's a beautiful place of beautiful people, and it's a place that I fell in love with. It's ZOE International.  PC: ZOE From stepping onto the plane August 15 to stepping off on August 27, I went on a short term mission trip to Thailand through ZOE International. When I left for the trip, I had no idea what to expect, and all I really knew about ZOE was that they work to prevent child trafficking, rescue children, and help them through the restoration process. I had heard about it through one of their missionary couples who spoke twice at the church I started attending a couple of years ago.  I was not prepared for all that ZOE is: children so happy, loved and at home that you would never know their past; am...

Welcome

Welcome to my journeys!  I am excited to be sharing them with you.  Since this blog was only started after my second major journey, you will have to follow the following links to read about it.  However, the rest I will be blogging about as I have time.  Blessings as you follow along! Guatemala Day 1 Guatemala Day 2 Guatemala Day 3 Guatemala Day 4 Guatemala Day 5 Guatemala Day 6 Guatemala Day 7 Guatemala Day 8

Guatemala 2016: Guatemala, Here I Come!

Waiting never was my strong suit. But here I am, waiting for 11:30 pm...for when I finally leave for the church, where we'll get all set and leave for BWI to fly out at 5:40 am tomorrow for Guatemala. It's been a year since we were last there, and it half feels like less than a year, and half like a very. long. year. But I guess it doesn't really matter how it feels, since I'll be flying out in about 7 hours! Wow. Our little friends will all be a year older...we're all older, and so much has changed....but isn't it exciting! The best part is not knowing yet what God will do this time! When I return in a week, I will slowly be typing up all about my third adventure in Guatemala for you to read all about. Until then!